Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ahhhhhhhhh.......

Home.....by myself......savoring the aloneness. 
I love visiting my parents and I love working with my residents but I also love being alone.   When I'm with people my switch is 'on'.  I smile and chatter and make eye contact and act interested/interesting even when I don't feel interested or interesting or smiley or talkative.
Sometimes, my switch just needs to be flipped down.  I need to be 'off''.
I have two days to savor some wonderful 'offness' and I intend to delight in every minute of it.  Granted, there are things that must be done.....feed the cats, mow the grass, practice some music and create some cool weather clothing.  I'll savor the silky feel of the cat fur, the smell of the new mown grass, and the flexibility of fingers that are a year older yet continue to remember music I've learned. 
1st day of October and we finally have a delightful coolness in the morning air.  The morning sun is glittering through the green of woods.
I'm loving this day!

2 comments:

Patti @ Not DeadYet Style said...

What a lovely post, CH. We all need some time to recharge. It sounds like you have a gift for truly enjoying it : > Happy weekend!

Kari. said...

I know what you mean about being out and having the switch on. Lately, though, I've made some wonderful new friends, where I don't feel as though the switch is up or down -- it just feels comfortable, you know? It's hard to find people that you can be comfortable around.