Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Is It Monday?

Is it Monday?  Can I post my Monday outfit on Visible Monday?

Can't believe I lost out on so much time being sick, pitiful and feeling sorry for myself. 
I'm still a little sick but did a wedding on Saturday and went back to work Monday. (I'm not contagious) Nothing like weddings and beautiful old folks to snap you out of a pity party!

The blouse was shopped from my mother's closet when I was in Napa, the pants are Napa thrifted for $1.99, and the cami was made at the last minute because I needed a blue one.
Remember this?

I cut off the bottom, took out some pleats (to make room for my ampleness) and made a short sleeved top that I love....

So glad I kept the bottom of the dress!  It turned into the perfect blue cami!


6 comments:

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

So sorry you've been sick, CH. We missed you at VM! You've done a wonderful re-fashioning on the dress-to-blouse, and the new cami. Perfection!

Kari. said...

wow ... I can't believe that you were able to make that cami out of the dress -- you are doing what I always want to do. How do you find the time?!. And I like this whole look.

BigLittleWolf said...

Wow! You are amazing! I can't imagine being able to do what you do...

All this talk lately of we "grown up" women and our fashion, style, and beauty habits (have you been to Tish Jett's series yet?) - it put me in the mood to go shopping in my closet earlier today.

A great place to find things to "repurpose" (and motivation to eat right and exercise) - and all of it - free!

Do be sure to drop by Tish's for all her fabulous 50-something and 60-something women. (http://afemmeduncertainage.blogspot.com)

The Style Crone said...

Good to hear that you're feeling better and allowing us to view your creativity!

Unknown said...

I'm here and I love Savannah! Can't find your number so either email me @ tammy-h@comcast.net or call me at 708-404-3812
I would love to meet up with you.
I will keep trying to find your number so..........lets do this!

Stacey Kay said...

Ooo you did good refashioning that girl! Great job.

Thanks for following my blog, now following back.

Goodwill Huntingg
Best casual boots on a budget - $50 and under