We enjoyed our picnic lunch and the sights, sounds & smells of the Intracoastal waterway, then piled back onto the van...8 of us with 3 wheelchairs. (not an easy feat.) Thank you, God, for strong, tiny women named Jacqueline who drag wheelchairs up, around and down with apparent ease.) After our picnic, we drove to Bonaventure cemetery (You know.... the cemetery of 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' fame) just because we weren't ready to give up our pleasant day out and it was close by. (Bonaventure means 'good adventure'. Isn't that a wonderful name for a cemetery?!!)
All of my beautiful friends are 85+....all have a sense of humor......all LOVED the ride through the gorgeous cemetery. Ms. G, stylish and lovely as usual said, "I feel right at home here."
These are the people who keep me from giving up. They wear me to a frazzle then give me some quirky little 'bon mot' that cracks me up and gives me the energy to keep on going.
Last year in October, we went on a Savannah ghost tour.....in this hearse.
(I had my doubts but was talked into it.) My seniors had a ball laughing at the shocked faces on tourists as we rode around our beautiful city in the long, black car. Maybe I should plan another 'ghost tour' this year.





5 comments:
What a beautiful cemetary. The statuary are works of art. Most cemetaries now have only minimal markers designed to making mowing easier. I love the beautiful old markers.
It looks like you had a lot of fun!
you know we are headed down there in less than two weeks. I wa wondering about the haunted part of Savanna.
We will be in Savanna for 3 days. I would love to meet you for a cup of joe or a drink. Let me know!
I loved that book!
@Tammy...I'd love to get together when you're in town. For some reason your blog won't let me leave a comment. I'll try to find another way to contact you.
Love your photos and your adventure descriptions. The Savannah ghost tour sounds amazing!
Post a Comment