Friday, October 7, 2011

Get Your Act Together!

I am amazingly frustrated about my inability to post comments on blogs I love to follow!  They just won't take!  They disappear or I get some funky, 'can't post your comment because of an error' message.
Am I too stupid to figure it out?  
Or is the universe conspiring to tell me that I need to clean my office, pay bills, get my act together,  practice music, or......God forbid.....go to work instead of blogging!
I've been out of work for the past 2 days with some kind of hacking, coughing, down in the dumps, fragile lung something or other. 
I feel so guilty when I take time off to take care of myself.  What's that all about?  If I'm contagious I don't want to spread it.
My residents know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I love them.  Why do I play head games with myself when I need a few days off to take care of myself? 
Two of my friends have died this week. Both interesting, unique ladies..... both, probably ready to go. 
Maybe my body is just acting out physically to what my brain doesn't want to deal with.

8 comments:

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I have the same problem with blogger. If I log in and check the box that says Stay Logged In, I cannot comment. It throws an error message. I make sure that whenever it acts wonky I copy the message so that I don't lose all my work.
I have been home sick too.I have a bad sinus infection and I feel miserable. I know what you mean about feeling guilty. I used to feel the same way. When I retired, no one remembered that I would drag myself in sick or not. So, take care of yourself.

Coastalharp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

So sorry both you and Debbi are sick. I know what you mean about feeling guilty about taking care of ourselves -- but think about it as taking care of someone else -- you'd just do it! Pls rest up.

I have problems with Blogger too, and sometimes clearing out my cookies and my cache will fix it -- but not always : <

Unknown said...

Hope you are feeling better today!
Yes, I will be able to email and hopefully do a little blogging while I'm on vacation.
Here is my email, shoot yours to me when you have time.
tammy-h@comcast.net

Sewingadicta said...

I hope you feel better, nothing is more inportant to take care of yourself, feel bad and rely on other people is very miserable, so be careful, please. I received some emails telling me people who can not leave comments on my blog, sometimes ... I guess Blogger is playful.

The Style Crone said...

Grief is physical. Take care of yourself.

Unknown said...

I've been getting your comments on my blog..and I had that ssame trouble for a while but I see the solutions above so good luck.
Hope you sort it all out!

Rosemary the Shopper said...

Quite right. I usually can't leave my comment, so here goes. It will either take or not. Let the Universe decide. (Quickly, please!)

Just found your blog, so find the comments interesting.