Sunday, October 2, 2011

Today

Today.....
I went to the grocery store.
I did not wear makeup.
I walked from the parking lot in the bright, glittery sunshine with my Jacky O sunglasses on and relished the cool temp. 
At the door, I thought about leaving the shades pulled over my eyes.
Instead, I put the glasses on my head, stood up straight, pulled my shoulders back and strode with positive gorgeousness into Kroger. 
I did not die.

5 comments:

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Rock
Silver recently posted about going without makeup.
I rarely wear it, it is just too much trouble for me. My Mother on the other hand will not leave the house without her "face" on. I always thought it was a bit silly and it stopped her from going some places because she wasn't wearing it.
Good for you to go out and hold your head high!

Kari. said...

I never wear makeup. Never. I want to try to start wearing some, once I figure it all out. That could take a while. :-)

Unknown said...

I'll throw on lipsick and sunglasses. it works!

Unknown said...

Sorry, I'm a make up girl! When we are are at the lake I just through on some big Jackie O. glasses.
It is liberating!
You did a great job on the top!
Please stop by for my new link up!

Unknown said...

love this, good on you. So true, it is not like we'll die if we leave the house without makeup =)