Saturday, September 3, 2011

Aspirations

'Birdland' 
'Weather Report' started it.  So many greats covered it...Maynard Ferguson, Buddy Rich, Quincy Jones, Manhattan Transfer......

"You have to trust in you, believe in you, and anything is possible."  Rossitza Milevska (jazz harpist)


If anything is possible, I want to play 'Birdland' too....and .......I want to be in Nice for the festival next July!

Savannah has some great jazz coming up this month.  Savannah Jazz Festival September 18-25th, the very week I will be in Napa visiting my parents.  Jazz greats.....all week....in beautiful Forsyth Park...in gorgeous Savannah.......free!  What was I thinking when I planned my trip?  

This Quantum Tour website is great!  I'll be playing at the 'Ships of the Sea' museum, in the 'Garden at Night' for a wedding next Saturday. 

Savannah also has a wonderful 'Blues & Barbeque" festival at the old Railroad Roundhouse in October. 

2 comments:

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Wow, may I borrow that quote from R. Milevska? Makes me feel good and . . jazzy : > Thanks for sharing the cool music.

Coastalharp said...

Of course you can! But you have to quote it with a French accent....or maybe Russian. Either way, her music and her philosophy are great.