Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Take the time to walk around your vehicle every time you drive. I was motivated when my neighbors started having children....fearful that I might not see a neighbor's baby playing in my drive when I backed up. Some days I'm in a hurry and don't look, thinking, "oh, it'll be fine today."   But today a child died, backed over, by his neighbor, right here in our neighborhood.....it will never...be fine.

2 comments:

Kari. said...

wow -- that is soo sad! I have a forsythia bush at the end of my driveway, and every once in a while, I have backed out of my driveway too quickly and I have just missed hitting somebody ... because I was in too much of a hurry to just slow down. Your post really brings it home. It makes my worries seem so insignificant.

Coastalharp said...

@Kari...Your worries are significant to you and those who care about you. Heartaches come in all shapes and sizes.....so do pleasures. I'm glad your back.