Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Queen Bee is Back!

The vet gave her an injection Friday, and said nothing to do but wait and see. Two and a half days with no food or water.....limp in a hiding spot, barely breathing.   I thought she was a gonner.  
She strolled out this afternoon, bumped against my leg and said, 'Feed me."  
I am a happy cat mama.
A little scrawny but still the Queen
Too much drama going on these last few days.

Picked up this dress along with a bunch more at Goodwill last week.  The blue krinkle fabric was the right shade to go with my 'Good n Plenty' dress/soon to be skirt. 
First thing was to remove the ridiculous shoulder pads and side ties. Since my size 16 self will not fit into a size 8 petite, I took out 6 of the pleats and voilà.....plenty of room! Wacked off the bottom and a couple inches of the sleeves, stitched them up and it's now a blouse I love.

The top was cut off of this knit dress and elastic put into the waist. Elastic is my new best friend!

This is my, "if I'm going to tuck it I'll have to suck it (the belly) all day" look. I'm also debating what to do with the just washed frizzy hair. 
Untucked, belted and comfortable won out over tucked and miserable.  I need a different belt but this is all I had and I really, really wanted to wear the outfit today. 
I felt so pretty that I swished and sashayed all over town. Prissed myself back home and chopped off most of my hair.  I'm loving the new, improved me!!

Too lazy to take pics of the new hair today...hope I like it as much tomorrow as I do today. 



8 comments:

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Go kitty go!!! They do that sometimes, you know : > She's a beauty.

Your re-designed outfit is so cool-looking, great work. You should come over and show it off on Visible Monday, if you get the chance.

-Patti

BigLittleWolf said...

Love the flirty skirt!

AnPhibian said...

It's amazing what you ladies who sew can do. Wonderful. And the belted look really works. Sashay away!

Best wishes to your kitty! They do bounce back in amazing fashion sometimes.

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I do so admire women like you who can refashion clothing into something really fantastic. I like the untucked look with the belt. Amazing!

Unknown said...

Yeah for Kitty! They are amazing creatures.....But look at this ones owner.....Quite an amazing look you refashioned.

Unknown said...

Look how clever you are!!! Isn't it amazing that you can take something that others would pass up in a heartbeat and make it something amazing that we'd be SNATCHING UP in a heartbeat! ~Serene

JTWisdom said...

That's neat that you recreated that dress into a top and skirt. So talented. You can now have so many different looks.

Kari. said...

I have a skirt with a really similar patter, but in orange and red circles. I'll have to find it and send you a picture (or wear it and post it :-). The hair straightener has become my new best friend -- I didn't realize how easy it was to use!