Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pane e Tulipani

Watched an Italian film last night.....'Bread and Tulips'......not sure if it was good or bad....but I loved it because it was about a woman discovering that she is important, talented, resourceful, worthy.....things I've struggled with believing about myself for so many years.   Besides, I love visiting places (even if vicariously) that I've never been, and I've never been to Venice.

I'm visiting my parents next week. 
It will be bittersweet as this will be the first time since 1975 that we've been together on 'our birthday'......my brother's and mine.
My brother has been missing for 26 years.  He was my best friend.   I miss him.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you and your brother twins? I can't even imagine what it's like to have someone I love MISSING....I'm so sorry. Enjoy your visit to your parents and I will definitely watch this movie! I've gone through a lot of self discovery myself the past few years. Can be painful, but still a beautiful thing. Warm hugs to you! ~Serene

Coastalharp said...

not twins...but share a birthday. He was never found and for a long time our family could not talk about him. We're getting better...hopefully this bday will not be too sad. Thank you for the encouragement and hugs...they mean alot coming from you all.

BigLittleWolf said...

So sorry to hear about your brother. That must be dreadful.

As for Bread & Tulips - I found it to be a delightful (quirky) movie.

I hope you will have a good birthday. Cherish those parents! I'm sure they cherish you.

Kari. said...

What happened to your brother? Our family lost my brother for a while -- he ran away when he was 16 to Cal (we lived in Del) and then we would hear from him sporadically through the years. He was addicted to drugs. We got him back when he was in his 40s. Maybe you'll get your brother back some day as well? And I so understand not being able to talk about him. My youngest daughter (she is 18 now) hasn't spoken to me for 3 years (she lives with her father, who lives three doors away from me -- yeah, it is as twisted as it sounds.). I have two other kids (they are older), and it affects a lot of holidays and special events -- there is always somebody missing, and it leaves a huge hole.