Thursday, September 15, 2011

Swishin' & Swirlin'

I swished and swirled all day long in my thrifted, Goodwill, $3.99 skirt.  Paired it with a thrifted stretch knit, cowl neck top and a Salvation Army thrifted belt.( $1.99)  I felt like a million bucks!  Thank you blogger buddies for showing me that I can wear a belt and not hate it!  Compliments were flying!
Why do I never believe that folks are sincere when they compliment me?  I always think, "They're just trying to be nice...I really look strange and they don't want to hurt my feelings."
Today I had an older woman, wearing a strawberry blond wig, tell me that I would be stunning if I would color my hair.  I was...well.... stunned.  OK....what does one say to a comment like that?   "I love my silver moon colored hair and don't want to color it but maybe I'll try a wig like yours to see how we like it."  I was being facetious,(another word my father made me look up when I was young) but she took me seriously. 
getting ready to be stunning
am I stunning yet?
I think I've found my new look for halloween!  Last year I had very long gray hair.  I put crows on my head and shoulder and sprayed red paint in my hair....dribbled it down my face.  You know....the crow lady with crows pecking her head. 

Another inch off the hair this morning.  Need to stop while I'm ahead!  Maybe I'll buy a strawberry blond wig just in case I cut too much.

5 comments:

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I think you look stunning with your silver moon hair. I know people like that mean well, but they should just keep their mouths shut.
Your outfit looks fantastic. I am so amazed by the creativity of thrifters. I aspire to do as well.

BigLittleWolf said...

LOVE this look! ($3.99 for the skirt?)

As for the silver hair, I think as long as it's healthy, it's great! Look at Helen Mirren!

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Great outfit, CH, you know I love a long sweeping skirt : > Your silvery hair is so perfect on you.

Kari. said...

LOL! Oh my. I can't believe that somebody would say that to you (although I have to admit that I had a guy who I was dating tell me that once (and that was maybe 6 years ago, when I wasn't even all that gray! And my hair is (or was) naturally strawberry blonde! these days, I have to get a wig :-( I feel like I have lost my identity. I like your outfit! I know exactly what you mean by the swishing and swirling of you skirt! Isn't that fun?! Re: compliments. Believe it when people who don't normally compliment you, compliment you. And then the days when it seems like everybody compliments you -- you can believe that too. And I bet it usually goes along with when you feel "like a million bucks!" Because then you just have that added umph .. (that's what I'm finding at least). Thank you for all your so very sweet and nice comments. I think -- fingers crossed -- that the interview went really well.

Unknown said...

I agree with Kari. Believe it when you hear it!
You look great keep swishing with that new attitude!~