Today will be another long one....Fantasy/fake cruise to Hawaii at work today. I have nothing to wear on a fake cruise soooo......
Quick! Grab a pair of Goodwill khaki pants, rip off the belt loops, stitch in some back elastic, (recovered from the giant pleated skirt that became panel pants last week. I'm so proud of myself for recycling!) and hem 'em up. I'm big into the elastic waistbands lately; comfort being my keyword.

Pair with the pink backward shirt remake from 2 weeks ago. That's as Hawaiian as I'm going to get today.
unless..........
I decide to wear my coconut bra too!
Lesson learned: Check before!
Check for flaws before you buy. These khakis had a spot of varnish on the front and I didn't notice it till I was almost done with the remake.
Check before you hem. It just looks better, when the legs are narrowed at the inseam, if you hem after the alteration.....though I doubt anyone is going to be checking my inseams or hems very closely any time soon!
Check before you cut excess inseam. Do you really want one leg tighter than the other?


No comments:
Post a Comment