Friday, August 26, 2011

A Little Rebellion Can Be a Good Thing

Lots of compliments from coworkers on my cheeky, rebellious outfit, yesterday......which, of course, made me feel better and much less rebellious.   Maybe I need to wear my blouses backwards more often.  My rebellion extended to making a Goodwill run on my lunch break instead of clocking out and continuing to work like I usually do.  Hooray! for Goodwill finds!

Looks like a 'Good-n-Plenty' box to me!
I'm inspired by Serene's 'I'm So Dizzy' post.... I'm so dizzy....my head is spinning....  I'm thinking it'll be a cute skirt as too much candy is......well....too much candy!

I love the material and pattern on this, way too big, top but it should be an easy alter.
 
 I also picked up a men's white shirt to remake into a nice, crisp, white blouse.....one that I can be comfortable wearing.
There's a thrift store right around the corner from work.  I think I'll make them a lunch time habit. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm tickled that you are inspired by one of my outfits! I think you're right on with this dress......It should look AMAZING as a skirt! And with the mens' shirt, you may want to try belting it over altering....makes for a GREAT silhouette! Big weekend is here hugs to you! ~Serene

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Start something, sister! Can't wait to see the dress-as-skirt.