My solution/light bulb moment came this morning. I have an important gig this afternoon and have, of course, been blogging instead of harping. All the music stuff I have in mind has been put on the back burner. Audio/video clips that will improve potential client experience must be recorded, edited and posted on my website. And still I blog/sew. Soooooo........my solution? Wear my remakes, befores and afters, while I'm doing video for the website. Try it and see. If it's too horrible, don't post it!
WOW! Here are the daily 'Lessons Learned'!
Don't wear tight, white, stretch camis....EVER!
Recording with bedhead/no makeup is a no-no.
![]() |
| Benefit to posting?......now my hair and makeup for this afternoon's gig are done. I've even brushed my teeth and gotten some practice done! Whoo-Hoo! Progress! |
This white top is much better. The skirt is a remake from a large long strapy sundress. I liked the fabric for summertime but hated the style. The green shirt was bought because I loved the color. I don't wear it because I don't like the sleeves. Maybe I'll remedy that this evening instead of eating Triscuits/cheese and drinking the wine left over from a wonderful Saturday evening spent with a great, new friend.
See! I did practice!
And now I can truly say I have crappy hand position and bad timing.
More 'Lessons Learned': Work on the stuff that ain't right and Smile! Smile! Smile!
Now I'm off to change into my standard 'musicians' outfit...Black pants, black top.
Ooooo......I like it! Did some serious debating about wearing capris to a formal gig but, after trying on all my black tops, found something that I love with the newly refashioned, brocade/side panel capris. The red/black burnout blouse was an irresistable buy at a thrift store on Hilton Head when I arrived too early for a gig but not too early to shop. It pairs beautifully with the capris but I'll bet I'm gonna burn up! It's not breathable fabric and the cami underneath isn't either. Sultry, steamy Savannah calls for cotton or linen but in the name of cute fashion, I will wear this outfit! Flat shoes work nicely with the pants and with the harp pedals. 

1 comment:
Your arms look fine! I know what you mean though -- I think the loss of my skin tone is the hardest thing of getting old. The skin on my legs look like leather. yuck.
Post a Comment