Saturday, August 20, 2011

Loafing

It's such a pleasant Saturday evening.....I've done nothing productive other than loafing all day, though I've heard it said that,
 "Great discoveries, whether of silk or gravity, are always windfalls. They happen to people loafing under trees."  -- from Middlesex

I did try to pull an outfit together for 'Visible Monday'  Not sure whether this one's any better than the last scary outfit I posted.  Even my black cat looks frightened.   Probably because I haven't sewn up the splits in the sides yet.  The skirt was made from a Goodwill dress and is actually considerably longer, which keeps the sides from showing paradise, but I rolled it up to see if 'shorter is better'.  My knees are right there along with my arms......haven't seen the light of day in years.  Do I have the courage to take up the skirt, sew up the sides and show off my knees?  
I'd love to wear the silver filagree dragonfly my grandmother passed down to me. 
Maybe.....maybe not.
Red flats are the only bit of color I have on. 

I did try to alter a sleeveless black top to wear with this skirt but my sewing machine objected to the Saturday wine I'm enjoying and tangled it's little bobbin.....oh well....I didn't want go sleeveless anyway. 

 

2 comments:

Kari. said...

This is a great outfit! I like everything about it -- the lacy top, that dragonfly pin is gorgeous! definitely wear it! I have a love hate relationship with my knees. I dunno ... I have a love hate relationship with my entire body these days.

Coastalharp said...

Thank you Kari! How does one learn to love oneself? If you figure it out, please tell me the secret! The top is actually on backwards....I like the lace better in the front and low front looks a little sexy when worn in back. Have to wear it Tuesday since Monday is a must wear pants kind of day.