Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Irene

Hmmmmm......guess I need to get ready for some serious rain. 
Hurricane evacuation is hard on everyone but especially distressing for the elderly. 
My heart hurts for those who are already dealing with the aftermath of Irene.  My head hurts for those of us who are getting ready to run. 

On a lighter note........
I have the day off!  I'm gonna blog and sew and make music!  Somewhere amidst all the fun, I'll make a run for supplies, clean out the fridge and gas the car. 
I'm tapped to accompany our residents, who will be making a trip to Atlanta should we evacuate.  My job is to keep them comfortable and occupied.  I'm thinking beer and wine in the cooler and road songs like '99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall'.  If I ply them with enough beer maybe they won't even notice that the 4 hour trip to Atlanta has turned into a 20 hour trip?   (I'm told that's what happened during the hurricane Floyd evacuation)

And.....if I'm riding the bus, drinking beer and singing, who's driving my car, where are my cats, what about my harps?   Hurricanes are such a pain!

2 comments:

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Agree - hurricanes are a pain! We are on the east coast of Florida and watching carefully too. Wishing the best for you (hurricane just goes away . . . )!

Coastalharp said...

Thanks Patti! Irene going away would be so wonderful. I don't want Savannah hit but always feel guilty when we are spared and others take the brunt.