Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Here

I'm new here......new to blogging, kinda new to sewing, definitly new to any kind of fashion sense and very new to having any kind of self confidence when it comes to walking around without a harp in front of me!  Harping is one thing....fashion sense is another. 
I so appreciate the advice posted in the comments on my blog.  I have yet to figure out how to post a comment to the comments but want to say, "Thank you!" to lovely ladies who so tactfully commented on my, ummmmmm...... unique look today. 

I did wear my 'greek building' outfit all day today.....and that's exactly how I felt... like a greek building.  I've perused my favorite blogs, taken the comments to my morning's post to heart and think maybe I could love the outfit if:  I changed the top to a white, sleeveless, collared, button down the front white shirt (...maybe put a wide belt on it????.... I don't know, belts scare me as much as white,  dangly earings, and necklaces do) put the greek eye on a long piece of leather lacing instead of a chain, shortened the skirt a little and added shoes that don't hurt so much by the end of a long day.  Obviously, I wasn't concentrating on working today.....my attempt at 'style' was driving me crazy!  

Lessons Learned:
 You can make it through a day in a top you hate.  Life won't end but make 
                             sure you don't wear it again.                         
 Putting yourself 'out there' is a good thing...you will eventually learn the
                             good stuff and will be better for it.                           
 Don't mess around with the blog background if plain and simple
                              suits you best!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is SO funny! LOL When I wear something that I have doubts about, it's like I can't get comfortable all day....anxious until I get it off! But again, I thought you looked lovely! Hugs! ~Serene