Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Greek Isle

This is the dress/remade into skirt that started it all.  My downward slide into redesigning my life....or my upward leap out of the box I am living in.  I love this skirt, but I'm soooo out of my comfort zone in this outfit.  I never wear white!  It means I have to suck my belly in all day.  Black hides so much but black won't do with this skirt.  I never wear necklaces either but the white top needs something and my parents brought me this beautiful 'greek eye' from an island they visited last year.  I'm not even sure how to wear a necklace!  Does the charm need to be on the blouse or up higher.....I don't know.  Guess I'll go with this look for today. 
 I have cute sandals that would go with the outfit but they seem a little inappropriate to wear to work so I'm going with little blue flats. They'll be hot but they do look cute with the outfit. 
 I kind of look like one of the islands and.... I'm even wearing greek olive oil as moisturiser on my legs .....just to complete the 'I am an island' theme!  Am I brave enough to wear this all day?
Any advice for me on fashion would be soooo welcomed!

No blogging unless you practice!  Since it took an hour to get a decent take I'll say I practiced this morning.    I have GOT to remember to SMILE when I'm playing.  The Grim Harper isn't going to be welcome at weddings.
 

2 comments:

Patti said...

Your playing is so beautiful! Love the outfit too, white looks lovely on you. The only thing I might change is to shorten the skirt just an inch or so. JMHO!

-Patti @ NotDeadYet Style
http://notdeadyetstyle.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

These colors are beautiful on you! Now, if you're doing flats, I would take the skirt up a bit also as Patti suggested. However, I love this length and wear it with a great heel. The necklace could go longer actually and it would keep the whole line very vertical. Welcome!!! Happy to be a new follower!! ~Serene